Trading Plan – Monday 13th January 2020: US-China trade deal signed this week; two high probability opportunities to trade
Events and Calendar
- Week starts with US/Iran tensions after assassination of Soleimani prior Friday, token response on Wednesday from Iran, no further military response from Trump
- Friday – Iranians admit shooting down civilian airliner on Wednesday
- Phase 1 US/China trade deal to be signed on 15th Jan
- Carney is dovish – MPC considering additional stimulus
- Possibility of rate cuts in Oz due to bushfires
- US ends the week with misses on Average Hourly Earnings and NFP
- Risk sentiment is positive for most of the week, turning risk-off on Friday
- US equities close at all time highs
- WTI drops from range resistance
- GOLD reflects risk sentiment during the week but ends unchanged on the week
- GBP stabilises after election (although BoE voters allude to rate cutting on Friday)
- USD rises
I look at the trading opportunities we face this week. There are two high probability opportunities and one that is more speculative.
To see the video, members can login HERE.